Your fat is not your fault. New York Times bestseller The Virgin Diet explains why food intolerances may be the missing link when you just can’t lose the weight, no matter what you try.
Are you eating all the right things but still can't shift the numbers on the scale? If your “healthy” choices include foods like low-fat yogurt, egg white omelets, whole-grain bread, diet soda, and tofu, then your food may be to blame.
In The Virgin Diet, nutrition and fitness expert JJ Virgin reveals the real secret so often behind weight gain: food intolerance. A negative reaction to certain foods like dairy or gluten can sabotage your health by triggering inflammation and causing a host of nasty symptoms like bloating, skin breakouts, headaches, achy joints, and stubborn weight gain.
On the Virgin Diet, you'll eat plenty of anti-inflammatory, healing foods to reclaim your health and reset your metabolism. You’ll also avoid the 7 foods that are most likely to cause food intolerance. You'll never feel hungry or deprived, and in a short time, it's possible to shed pounds, lose belly bloat, gain energy, clear up inflammation, and look and feel years younger.
No more one-size-fits-all dieting! The Virgin Diet teaches you how to test your own food intolerances and find the right diet for you, so your eating choices are part of a customized long-term lifestyle.
The Virgin Diet includes all the tools you need to succeed. This helpful book includes a deep dive into the science of food intolerance, detailed instructions about how to quickly and easily test your sensitivity to the 7 foods most likely to cause food intolerance, plus meal plans and delicious, guilt-free recipes. You’ll also be encouraged by testimonials from others who have had successful results.
The goal of The Virgin Diet is not just to reduce your waist size or hit a magic number on the scale. It’s about helping you look and feel your best. Get ready to experience your new normal! (Take pictures and note your weight now because things are about to change so drastically, you won’t remember the old you...)
Looking for a jump start on the way to great health and energy? Try the Virgin Diet Jump Start Kit, with All-In-One Protein Shake powder (enough for 30 yummy shakes), a Jump Start Guide that tells you everything you need to know about getting started right, and a reusable Virgin Diet bag, perfect for toting all the fresh produce you’ll be feasting on.
The Virgin Diet FAQs
FAQ: Have any Virgin Diet recipes I can try?
Absolutely! Check out our Backyard BBQ menu with recipes for scrumptious Virgin Diet Cookbook favorites like BBQ-Glazed Chicken, Tex-Mex Burgers with Avocado Salsa, Cucumber & Radish Salad, and Blueberry Sorbet. (Who says healthy eating means feeling deprived?)
FAQ: Can you feed a family on The Virgin Diet?
With a few minor adjustments, anyone can do the Virgin Diet. People sometimes ask whether an elimination diet is safe for children and adolescents. Elimination diets have long been used with children for weight control and other issues and are completely safe. (Please do check with your pediatrician if you have any concerns.)
You can incorporate plenty of kid-friendly favorites into The Virgin Diet. Some of them include:
- Kale chips with guacamole
- Lentil chips with hummus
- Coconut flour-crusted chicken fingers
- Grass-fed beef bunless sliders with avocado and nitrate-free bacon
- Roasted nuts with cinnamon, vanilla, and other natural flavorings
- Sweet potato “fries”
- Free-range turkey and sliced avocado wraps
- “Faux-tatoes” – simply steam and mash cauliflower and puree with a little coconut milk or ghee, salt, and pepper
And much more! Even if your children don’t need to lose weight, you’ll introduce them to whole, nutrient-rich, delicious foods that can benefit them for a lifetime. (If you’d like more recipes and menus to work with, check out The Virgin Diet Cookbook.)
FAQ: Can athletes benefit from The Virgin Diet?
Food intolerances often create inflammation and other symptoms that can seriously derail your game, whether you play sports or hit the weight room. Athletes should absolutely remove the 7 highly reactive foods discussed in The Virgin Diet.
When you eat clean, lean protein, good fats, and high-fiber starches, you’re giving your body the right formula to build muscle, burn fat, and stay lean and healthy – a great combo for any athlete.
FAQ: What if I don’t need to lose weight? Is the Virgin Diet still a good fit?
Many folks lose weight on the Virgin Diet. But even if you’re at your ideal weight or need to gain a few pounds, The Virgin Diet can still benefit you in numerous ways.
Weight gain isn’t the only symptom of food intolerances. You might also experience achy joints, skin breakouts, gas and bloating, indigestion, fatigue, mental fog, irritability, and moodiness when you eat gluten, soy, or the other highly reactive foods mentioned in The Virgin Diet.
5 More Reasons The Virgin Diet Can Benefit You (Other than Fat Loss)
1) Removing the 7 highly reactive foods greatly reduces inflammation. Time magazine called inflammation “the silent killer,” and it contributes to just about every disease imaginable.
2) With The Virgin Diet, you’re eating the perfect foods to help balance blood sugar and hormone levels. No more cravings, mood swings, or fatigue like in the past.
3) The Virgin Diet could improve your sex life. Guys, eating the right foods can boost testosterone levels. The foods you’ll eat on the Virgin Diet can also increase libido. You might discover you’re “in the mood” more often than you have been in years!
4) Removing the 7 highly reactive foods can improve your skin. Especially when clients pull dairy, conditions like acne and rosacea disappear. Your skin becomes younger and firmer. Virgin-dieters even tell stories about friends who asked if they’d “had some work done” when they ate from The Virgin Diet!
5) On the Virgin Diet, you’re eating the most nutrient-dense foods possible. That helps support vitality and a long, healthy life.
Remember, your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re unhappy with a JJ Virgin product for any reason, just return it for a refund! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of your purchase, and we’ll tell you how. (Please note: you’re responsible for return shipping, and your refund does not include original shipping/handling costs.)
And don’t forget to check out the Reviews tab on this page to find out what customers are saying about The Virgin Diet!